Fellow blogger and good friend, Lea Ann fromMangos Chili & Z, has a new feature called “No Recipe Needed” where she features some no-fuss goodies. When I told her about this lemon pepper sauce, she encouraged me to steal her idea and share this yummy dip for artichokes. I had to do it.
For this dip, I use Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil, but you can use finely grated lemon zest as well. Not only is it SIMPLE, it’s delicious.
You’ll need . . .
- Artichokes – washed and trimmed
- A dollop of good mayonaise for each artichoke
- A few drops of Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil or finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly grated black pepper
- A little lemon juice if desired (makes a thinner sauce)
Steam artichokes for 45 minutes
While the artichokes steam, combine the mayo, lemon and peppper and mix well. Set aside to allow the flavors to blend.